Conference «Development Vectors of Modern Russia»
«Development Vectors of Modern Russia»
An annual international scientific and practical conference of young social scientists "Vectors of Present Russia Development", conducted since 2002, is one of the methods of involving Moscow school has become a tradition aimed at engaging listeners into scientific activity. The conference pursues the following aims:
1. Assistance in the exchange of scientific views, ideas, and opinions inside the young professional community.
2. Stimulation of the scientific research activity of young scientists, theorists, and practitioners.
3. Ensuring the integration of scientific research on the basis of interdisciplinary and inner disciplinary approaches in the humanities and social sciences.
4. Exchange of the ideas received from the results of researches; conclusions and offers; opportunity for direct communication.
5. Exchange of scientific research activity experience and active interaction with foreign colleagues.
6. Creation of opportunities for unification of interests and directions of research.
The mission of the conference is to help young scientists exchange new ideas, methods for establishing a scientific understanding of reality, to reconcile positions, and to improve professional and scientific relationships between colleagues. Therefore, not only listeners of the School take part in the conference, but also students, graduate students, and young scientists from higher educational institutions of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Samara, and other large university centers of the Russian Federation. Humanists from CIS and neighboring countries have also shown interest in it in recent years.
Initiators and organizers of the conference are students of MSSES. They formulate the themes of scientific events, sections and round tables, invite leading scientists to carry out master classes, select speakers, and evaluate texts for subsequent publication in issues of the conference materials.
Over the past 10 years the conference has gained popularity and respect in circles of young social scientists and teachers. Every year not only the number of those who wish to take part increases and the amount of the different universities sending students grows, but also the level of presented reports becomes higher. The interdisciplinary nature of the conference and the intensity of discussions are reasons to believe in the stability of this tendency and its further development.
According to the results of the conference an issue of the participants’ articles is published.